Chicago Real Estate Lawyer
Are you looking for a Chicago real estate lawyer? I represent buyers and sellers of residential real estate and commercial real estate in the Chicago, Illinois area.
- First, reviews the sales contract and calendars important dates (attorney review, inspection deadline, mortgage financing contingency and closing date);
- Responds to extension requests (attorney review period, inspection deadline, mortgage financing contingency date, closing date);
- Reviews the real property disclosure, lead-based paint disclosure, and radon disclosure;
- In addition, reads the proposed modifications to the real estate contract and advises the seller regarding same;
- Responds to the inspection-repair letter from the buyer’s lawyer and negotiates repairs or a closing credit;
- Orders a title search and clears any title issues or encumbrances;
- Reviews the owner’s title insurance commitment and sends it to buyer’s real estate lawyer;
- In addition, orders the lender’s title insurance policy for the buyer and sends the related title commitment to lender;
- Drafts the deed, bill of sale and affidavit of title;
- Explains each document and its legal consequences to the seller;
- Prorates the property taxes and association dues through the closing date;
- Directs seller to order the mortgage payoff letter;
- Completes the City of Chicago full payment certificate aka water certificate and directs the title company to order same;
- Schedules the closing with the title company;
- Finally, reviews the HUD-1 or closing statement prior to the closing and again at the closing table.
There are many important tasks to perform leading up to a real estate closing. Therefore, it pays to retain a Chicago real estate lawyer. Contact me at 773.307.0181 or Brian@BrianThompsonLaw.com.