Chicago Real Estate Attorney
A Chicago real estate attorney representing buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate in the Chicago, Illinois area. 773.307.0181 or Brian@BrianThompsonLaw.com.
Real estate lawyers commonly deal with foreclosures, short sales, real estate development, sales and leasing of real estate. I represent buyers and sellers of real estate in the Chicago area. I also represent parties leasing commercial real estate in the Chicago area.
Do I need a real estate lawyer in Illinois?
Illinois law does not require buyers or sellers to retain a real estate lawyer. However, you probably need an experienced real estate lawyer in Illinois.
Chicago Real Estate Attorney Buyers
What does a real estate attorney do for buyers? A Chicago real estate attorney typically does following for the buyer:
- Reviews the real estate sales contract and notes important dates such as the attorney review period, inspection deadline, mortgage financing contingency date and closing date.
- Writes letter(s) to the seller’s lawyer seeking extensions of the attorney review period, inspection deadline, mortgage financing contingency date and/or closing date;
- Reviews the residential real property disclosure, lead based paint disclosure and radon disclosure and discusses any issues with the buyer and the buyer’s realtor;
- Writes an attorney review letter to the seller’s real estate closing attorney suggesting modifications to the contract;
- Reviews the home inspection report prepared by the home inspector on behalf of the buyer;
- Writes an inspection-repair letter to the seller’s attorney requesting repairs to the property or a closing credit in an amount sufficient to cover the repairs;
- Reviews the owner’s policy title insurance commitment procured by the seller’s attorney;
- Reviews the closing statement prior to the closing and again at the closing table;
- Explains the purpose of the note, mortgage, deed, bill of sale, and affidavit of title at the closing.
Chicago Real Estate Lawyer – Sellers
What does a Chicago real estate closing lawyer do? To see the services performed by the seller’s real estate closing lawyer, please visit Chicago real estate lawyer.
If you are buying or selling real estate in the Chicago area, you need a Chicago real estate lawyer on your side. Contact me at 773.307.0181 or Brian@BrianThompsonLaw.com.